Burkitt's lymphoma

  Note the Seropositive Web Site Editor
I met a woman named Claudia, but would rather be called Amaryllis.
We were great friends and she even introduced me to Sandra Rocha. Six hands made a seropositive replacement project in the job market.
We take the work to a "certain NGOs" and the charge of the premises even wanted to read the project, to be very large (15 pages).
Never try to make contact with any NGO as reception in the first ... You who read me, should know. Nobody gets a second chance to create a good first impression.
But we met and I remember going under I, my wife and Amaryllis to anniversary party nuna nightclub there on July 9.
Life flowed naturally after that. And when I say of course, mean that there was also a death.
I was once in Santos and reminded me to call Amaryllis just wave; was a take; ca fair and it there while I was scraping the ground water, enjoying the sun in Santos. That was what I wanted to tell her when she would meet me on the phone and in the meantime, who answered the phone was her brother, who explained that she had agreed a few days ago unable to move his legs and because God is great, she was with the cordless phone on the bed and called Sandra.
I will not dwell on it and the fact is that her agony was painful and short. In a fortnight she had died.
At the time, it brought death certificate, the cause of death lymphoma not Hogkin; who was finally identified as Burkitt's lymphoma.
Unfortunately eeu wanted to look for some photo on the disease and I regret to the fimde my days to have gone to this photo.
That's why I put this matter here.
Amarilis died in the middle of 2003 and is already almost 12 years after her death. Anyone who wants to know more about it, just read the text named "At such time of Counting In Memorian"

Denis P. BurkittO Burkitt's lymphoma (Formerly Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma high grade small non-cleaved cell) Is a neoplasm (cancer) of highly aggressive mature B cells that mainly affects the younger age, being endemic in African regions.

The t (8, 14) (q24; q32) - translocation of genetic material between the 8 and 14 chromosomes - occurs in 80% of cases. The other match at 20% (2, 8) (p12; q24) et (8, 22) (q24; q11).

All these cytogenetic changes involve overexpression of a gene with multiple cellular functions called c-myc. This gene is crucial in the development of this pathology.[1]

The histological tumor sections may present aspect of "starry sky" (starry sky). There is an association between the virus infection Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and the development of Burkitt's lymphoma.

Often presents with extra nodal disease. Holders may be affected especially in bone structures, with massive oral lesions, and the jaw hit the hardest bone. It can also affect various structures, including kidneys, and ovaries.

The Burkitt's lymphoma cells are morphologically identical to cells of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, FAB subtype L3. Cell immunophenotyping shows the positivity extended CD20 most cases.

The first report of the disease was performed in 1958 by the Irish doctor Denis P. Burkitt, who observed high prevalence of a highly aggressive tumor that reached endemic form children in equatorial Africa.

It was initially described as sarcoma (soft tissue cancer), but later it was observed that it was a primary tumor of the lymphatic system (lymphoma).

It was believed for many years that Burkitt's lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukemia L3 (Burkitt leukemia) represented different diseases. However, with the advent of modern techniques of chromosomal and genetic analysis, it was determined that both represented symptoms of the same disease.

In 2001 the World Health Organization (WHO) has classified these conditions as a single entity (cancer of mature B cells, subtype lymphoma / Burkitt leukemia), with three clinical variants.

Variants Clinics

According to the WHO, three clinical variants are identifiable:

  • Endemic variant: occurs in children in equatorial Africa where malaria is endemic and has a strong correlation with EBV infection (98% of cases). It is believed that the status chronic immunosuppression caused by malaria contributes to the development of the disease.
  • Sporadic variant: affects children and adults of other areas. It is associated with EBV infection (virus Epstein-Barr virus) In 5-10% of cases.
  • Associated with immunodeficiency: in most cases associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. The association with EBV co-infection is between 25-40% of cases.

References

  1. Hecht J, Aster J. (2000). "Molecular Biology of Burkitt's lymphoma." J Clin Oncol 18: 3703.
  2. Burkitt D. (1958). "The sarcoma Involving the jaws in African children." Br J Surg 46: 218.
  3. Jaffe ES, Harris NL, Stein H, Vardiman JW. Pathology & Genetics of Tumours haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues. [Sl: sn], 2001.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.