Efavirenz is not a new medication and, based on this, it may seem inappropriate to launch a text on the medicine, and yet, in addition to having received, over time, a substitute physician, the wrong prescription of this medicine and to have used of a single pill, which has caused me several psychological / psychiatric / cognitive effects, there are other people who have given me information about the need to do so. And, these allegations, this is, in my view, an unforgivable gap in the conduct of my site by myself and I now do this meaculpa and I view this as I was led to me asking me about why to approve the sale (that's what it comes too ...) a "drug" that can cause such damage to a person, and these damages are inherent to the disease itself ... (...) ...
Notice: Brand Name: Sustiva
Other name (s): EFV
Drug Class: reverse transcriptase inhibitors, nucleoside
Appropriate use: treatment of HIV infection
Efavirenz may cause serious and life-threatening side effects injuries. These Riscom include severe psychiatric episodes of demonstrations and lead to liver problems.
Contact your doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms, which may be a sign of psychiatric problems:
- severe depression.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- strange thoughts.
Some people taking efavirenz had severe liver problems. This usually occurs in people with chronic liver disease (such as hepatitis C), but there were also some reports of people without any existing liver disease. Tell your doctor if you notice any side effects while taking efavirenz.
Women should not become pregnant while they are taking efavirenz and must wait for a period of twelve weeks after discontinuing the drug to start trying to conceive. Severe birth defects were observed in pups of infants and children of children treated with efavirenz during pregnancy. It remains unknown whether efavirenz caused birth defects. (Translator's Note: There is a note on my right, in a timely manner).
While taking efavirenz, it is important to keep all your appointments with your doctor.
What is Efavirenz?
Efavirenz is a medicated product approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of HIV infection in adults and children 3 months of age and older who weigh at least 3,5 kilograms (pounds 7 12 ounces). Efavirenz is always used in combination with other antiretroviral drugs.
Efavirenz is a type of antiretroviral drug called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). Itrnn's work in a binding way by blocking HIV reverse transcriptase, an HIV enzyme. This prevents HIV from replicating and decreases HIV viral load in the blood.
Efavirenz does not cure HIV infection or AIDS. It is not known if the Efavirenz reduces the risk of transmitting HIV to others.
What should I tell my health care provider before taking efavirenz?
Before taking efavirenz, tell your health care:
- If you are allergic to efavirenz or any other medications.
- If you have liver problems or hepatitis.
- If ever suffered from any mental illness (depression for example) or use of drugs or alcohol.
- If you have ever had seizures or are in use medications to control seizures.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Women taking Efavirenz should not become pregnant and must wait at least 12 weeks after discontinuation of the drug before attempting to conceive! Severe birth defects have been observed in infants of animals and women treated with efavirenz during pregnancy. Whether the use of efavirenz caused birth defects is still unknown. (Translator's note: this cynicism disgusts me).
- Do not breast-feed if you are HIV-infected or if you are taking efavirenz. (???)
- If you are taking birth control pills do not take efavirenz. Efavirenz may reduce the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill.
- About other prescription and non prescription, vitamins, nutritional supplements and herbal products being consumed or intends to consume.
- Efavirenz may affect the way other medicines or products work and these products can affect how it works Efavirenz. Taking efavirenz together with certain medicines or products can cause serious side effects and / or life-threatening effects.