Efavirenz is not a new medication and, based on this, it may seem inappropriate to release a text of the drug and, however, and has received long ago by a substitute doctor, the wrong prescription of this medicine and have made use a single tablet, which caused me many effects of psychological / psychiatric / cognitive there are other people pendindo infomações me the respect that I found myself in the need to do so. And Thus these claims, this is, in my opinion, an unforgivable gap in driving my site by myself and I now thismeaculpa and I view this as I was led to me asking me about why to approve the sale (that's what it comes too ...) a "drug" that can cause such damage to a person, and these damages are inherent to the disease itself ... (...) ...
Other name (s):EFV
Drug Class:reverse transcriptase inhibitors, nucleoside
Appropriate use:treatment of HIV infection
Efavirenz may cause serious and life-threatening side effects injuries. These Riscom include severe psychiatric episodes of demonstrations and lead to liver problems.
Contact your doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms, which may be a sign of psychiatric problems:
- severe depression.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- strange thoughts.
Women should not become pregnant while they are taking efavirenz and must wait for a period of twelve weeks after discontinuing the drug to start trying to conceive.Serious birth defects have been seen in young animals and babies children of women treated with efavirenz during pregnancy. It remains unknown whether efavirenz caused birth defects. (Translator's Note: There is a note on my right, in a timely manner).
While taking efavirenz, it is important to keep all your appointments with your doctor.
What is Efavirenz?
Efavirenz is a medicated product approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of HIV infection in adults and children 3 months of age and older who weigh at least 3,5 kilograms (pounds 7 12 ounces). Efavirenz is always used in combination with other antiretroviral drugs.
Efavirenz is a type of antiretroviral drug called reverse transcriptase inhibitors non-nucleoside (NNRTI). NNRTI's work in a binding manner by blocking HIV reverse transcriptase, an enzyme HIV. This prevents HIV from replicating and lowers the viral load of HIV in the blood.
Efavirenz does not cure HIV infection or AIDS. It is not known if the Efavirenz reduces the risk of transmitting HIV to others.
What should I tell my health care provider before taking efavirenz?
Before taking efavirenz, tell your health care:
- If you are allergic to efavirenz or any other medications.
- If you have liver problems or hepatitis.
- If ever suffered from any mental illness (depression for example) or use of drugs or alcohol.
- If you have ever had seizures or are in use medications to control seizures.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Women using Efavirenz should not get pregnant and you must wait for at least twelve weeks after discontinuing use of the drug before initiating attempts to get pregnant!Serious birth defects have been observed in animal babies and women treated with efavirenz during pregnancy. If the use of efavirenz caused birth defects is unknown.(Translator's note: this cynicism disgusts me).
- Do not breast-feed if you are infected with HIV or are if you are taking efavirenz. (???)
- If you are taking birth control pills do not take efavirenz. Efavirenz may reduce the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill.
- About other prescription and non prescription, vitamins, nutritional supplements and herbal products being consumed or intends to consume.
- Efavirenz may affect the way other medicines or products work and these products can affect how it works Efavirenz.Efavirenz along certain medicines or products may cause severe side effects and / or life-threatening.